“These Family Recipes take me back in time.!”
This Best Meatloaf Recipe recipe is the ultimate comfort food, bringing back pleasant childhood memories of family meals. We have been using this for a very long time because it is a simple meatloaf recipe that tastes very good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp light cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Fold in egg with meat.
- Add bread crumbs and onion mixing gently.
- Stir in cream, seasonings and 2 Tbsp chili sauce.
- Shape into loaf.
- Place in covered skillet with shortening.
- Cook over very low heat 45 minutes.
- Turn over carefully.
- Brush with chili sauce.
- Cook over very low heat 30 Minutes.
- Slice loaf into 1/2 inch slices and serve.
and cheese. Leftovers make a great sandwich. I like to add a dash of Tabasco to mine.