“I have made this cheesecake for years and it is always a big hit. Note: you will need a springform pan. It freezes well; thaw in refrigerator before serving.”
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup pecans, butter, and 1/3 cup white sugar in a food processor; pulse until evenly combined. Press mixture in the bottom and partly up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well; fold in 1 cup pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and continue baking for 50 minutes more. Turn off oven, open door slightly, and let cake sit in oven for 1 hour