1 box of yellow cake mix (1 pound)
4 ounces of butter, melted
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 pound (16 ounces) of powdered sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
3. Pat into pan, create an even layer.
4. Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
5. Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
6. Bake for 45 minutes* or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake or heaven. (*updated)
7. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 1-inch sqaures with a clean, dry knife. For best square results, pop into freezer and chill before slicing.
Check out a few of these recipes too!
Orange Fluff Jello Salad : This Orange Fluff Jello Salad has been my go to Jello Salad for years! It’s quick, easy and always a hit
Cheesecake Crescent Rolls : For holiday brunches, overnight company, and any manner of potluck, consider this recipe your secret weapon. Easy as they are to make, these Cheesecake Crescent Rolls will always score rave reviews
Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars : These lazy cookie bars are impossibly quick and easy to make! Transform yellow cake mix and chocolate chips into super soft, decadent, cookie bars!
Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls : The best homemade cinnamon rolls ever! If you love gooey cinnamon buns, here’s the secret ingredient. Everyone raves about these homemade yeast