3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup of milk
3 tbsp hot water
3 tablespoons orange JELLO powder*
Layers of ice cream
12 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of milk
12 oz Cool Whip
3 oz orange JELLO powder packaging, minus 3 tbsp*
2 tbsp hot water
2 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz Cool Whip
slices of orange candy
frost color orange gel
*You need a 3 oz pack of orange JELLO powder. 3 tablespoons will be used for the cake, the rest will go in the layer of ice cream.
NOTE: The 8-inch springform moulds are the best for this recipe, so you can easily remove the cake once it has been assembled. If you do not have a springform pan, line your pan with a transparent film before adding your parchment paper and cake board. You can use the transparent chain to lift your cake out of the pan once it is assembled and frozen. You want to make your cake layers in the same pot that you will use to superimpose the ice cream and cake together so that they cake layers fit into the last pot that you use to superimpose.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of cake pan with 8 inches of parchment paper and grease sides.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix at medium speed until smooth. Do not mix too much.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the cake pan.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
6. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes, then place on cooling rack to complete cooling.
7. Once the cake has cooled, remove the dome from the cake with a large serrated knife. Drill holes in the top of the cake with something like the tip of a wooden spoon, or a straw.
8. Mix the hot water and orange jelly in a small bowl, then pour the mixture over the cake and spread to fit into the holes.
1. To make the ice cream layers, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
2. Add milk and mix until smooth.
3. Stir in fresh whisk.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between two bowls.
5. Combine the hot water and remaining orange JELLO powder in a small bowl. Stir in