THE BEST TROPICAL FRUIT SALAD
The Best Ever Tropical Fruit Salad is the only recipe you’ll ever need. My entire picky family devoured this fruit salad. The dressing is truly magical. The combination of citrus juices with honey are phenomenal. Then we added a few special ingredients that give it a little nuttiness and a touch of zestiness to kick it up a notch. Perfect any-occasion dish.
- 12 mandarin oranges, divided (for dressing and salad)
- 2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite-size chunks
- 5 kiwi, sliced
- 3 mangoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste or fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Wash and dry lemon, lime and 2 mandarin oranges. Zest the washed and dried citrus with a zester or fine grater. Add to 1 cup measuring cup or small bowl. Cut each in half and squeeze the juice into the measuring cup. (You should get about 1/2 cup juice). Add honey, ginger and poppy seeds to juice mixture and whisk until combined. Set aside or place in the refrigerator if serving later.
- Prepare remaining fruit. Slice strawberries and kiwi. Section remaining oranges. Cut pineapple and mango into bite size chunks. Place fruit in a large bowl. Pour dressing on top of fruit about 30 minutes before serving. Gently toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This fruit salad is fabulous with whatever you have on hand. I love carambola (star fruit) and papaya in this salad as well. Bananas are lovely, but have to be added at the last minute or they will get soft and not look pretty.